We are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places to Work.
We’re expanding our test team this year and the person successful in this role will be someone who can hire, mentor and coach a team to ensure testing is represented in all aspects of our development life cycle. Providing technical mentorship to the team, setting the strategy and ensuring all our test team are receiving the support they need to improve in their role will be a key element of this job. You’ll also remain hands on, getting involved in different streams to help resolve issues and remove blockers.
Our focus is on automation, we currently use technologies such as Selenium Web Driver to provide a regression suite for the web front end, and SOAPUI to test our API’s. Our team are currently experimenting with puppeteer and we’re open to new and fresh ideas on what technologies we should be using.
To be successful in this role we’re looking for a someone who:
- Will be working with our test team in order to ensure our product releases are as good as they can be. Helping the team to determine the risk of each release as we progress more towards continuous integration.
- Will be able to play an important part in our scrum process, helping to define tests around the acceptance criteria, highlight issues before development. So experience of working in different Agile setups is essential.
- Will help build out or automated tests suite using tools such as Selenium or Puppeteer (though we’re open to any new technology that helps us solve problems).
- Will work with the CTO to define our test strategy and ensure it remains relevant as we shift our technical approach.
- Is passionate about testing and evangelize across the wider business, to ensure test is part of the whole product delivery process.
- Can support our teams, through training/workshops/mentoring, to educate the business on quality and testing.
- Help the business to define success criteria and understand the balance between time and risk.
For this role you will Need:
- Experience in mentoring testers, motivating and engaging them.
- Experience in line management of people.
- Experience in writing automation tests, ideally in the technologies we use, though showing a passion for automation and adaptability is as important.
- A demonstrable passion for testing. You will need to be an evangelist in the company, so someone who shows their passion, is widely read or strives to grow their knowledge from external sources.
- Excellent communication skills and good attention to detail.
Smart — intelligent, innovative, problem solvers
Collaborative — with clients, with each other
Bold — challenge, brave, think big, thought leaders
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings. As an equally important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of £40,000 — £50,000, reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to quarterly massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our infamous Deli Day
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We’re committed to your personal career growth and we’ll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, your ambitions and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team?
We can’t wait to hear from you and invite you into the Madgex team.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).