We are experts in career technology. We provide job boards for the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries. We are now focusing on building the best connections between talented people & employers in the fast-moving area of talent acquisition.
Madgex has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places to Work. We’re growing our new product teams, based in the centre of Brighton.
Who you are:
We are looking for a seasoned, product-aware developer that will be a mentor to those in your team who will learn from your direction and experience.
Things we consider essential for the role:
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Experience in building test-driven, full-stack applications. Specifically with Node.js
- Proactive, with a desire to continually improve and share
- Attention to detail
From an experience point of view:
- You’ll be able to mentor other developers
- Have a solid understanding of user experience, design sensibilities and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Have an appreciation of web accessibility and the importance of inclusive design/development
- Be able to spot gaps and identify incorrect assumptions in project/client work
Highly desirable but not essential:
- Familiarity with hapi.js, AWS, WebOps
- Experience of working with Docker containers
What It’s Like to Work at Madgex:
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings.
- Smart – we’re intelligent, we’re innovative, we’re problem solvers
- Collaborative — with clients and with each other
- Bold – we challenge, we’re brave, think big and we’re thought leaders
As an important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of up to £50,000 (dependant on experience), reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday, increasing each year you work with us
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Simply Health Cash Plan, Perkbox, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team
- Free Food Fridays including salad, cake and our infamous Deli Day
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash
- We’re committed to your personal career growth and we’ll provide you with learning and development resources
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family
Please attach a CV and a covering letter which details what it is about you that should make us want to meet you and send to email@example.com. For this role it is essential that you also include links to recent examples of your work with your application
Equal Opportunities Statement
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).